Friday, November 3, 2017

Granddaughters Are Special

Granddaughters are special. I love being able to make things for them. I turned a Harry Potter wand for Pepper and did not know that she planned to dress up as Harry Potter for Halloween. She loved the wand as an accessory. And she loved playing a cameo role at the end of the video I made on turning a wand.



My younger granddaughter, Poet, was going trick or treating as a police officer so I turned her a billy club. So gratifying to sea their pictures on Face Book enjoying something their grandpa made!

4 comments:

  1. I blоg freqսеntly and I genuinely thank you for your
    content. This article has truly peaked my interest. I will bookmaгk
    your Ƅlog and keep checking for new infоrmation about once per week.
    Ι subscribed to your Feed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you haven't addressed this before, but I have been wondering about using sanding sealer.
    When is the best time to apply it?
    After you finish your turning before you start sanding so it seals the fibers of the wood, after you have gone through a couple grits, or after you have finished sanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great question. I like to use it after I have gone through grits to about 240 and then sand to 320 or 400. I am using Mylands Cellulose Sanding sealer which is lacquer based.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I appreciate the answer.

    ReplyDelete