Friday, November 28, 2014

Turn the Knob - Part 2, Adding Inserts

I needed to make some additional photographs for an article I submitted to American Woodturner. It is planned for the February issue. Since I was already having to do some additional turning to show more detail on some of the processes, I thought I would go ahead and make a video. I knew it would not take much more time to take some video footage in addition to the stills I needed to make.  The real time comes in the video editing process.  I am so happy to be back in my shop again after being sidelined for weeks with some hip problems.  The ebony pull on the left used a "bovine ivory" insert made from one of my dog Mazey's dog bones. The one on the right has a cherry insert cut with a 3/8" plug cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment