Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Texturing Sample Board

I got the idea for this sample board from Cynthia Gibson who has done a beautiful one showing her various pyrography patterns.  My idea was to do one for various texturing techniques that would be used on end grain such as on a lidded box. The techniques include chattering, spiraling and texturing with a Sorby system, and the Wagner tool. I used brown and white patinating wax, sharpies and Rub N Buff gold metallic wax. I also created a document that explains how I got the results I did for each sample.

1 comment:

  1. mike goodnight, I write from Spain, I'm starting to seem excellent turning and your videos to begin aprenderm like me You will inform me about the document you mention that you have made on various types of textures.

    a greeting

    ReplyDelete