Saturday, March 2, 2013

Southern States Woodturning Symposium

I am looking forward to the Southern States Symposium April 26 -28, 2013. I have attended Southern States every year since I started turning in 2007.  It was an easy commute to Gainesville, taking only about 35 - 45 minutes. With the move to Cartersville it will now require a hotel stay. Fortunately, I still had enough Hilton points from my days as a road warrior to cover my stay at the Hampton Inn.

   I am especially delighted to have been invited to be one of the guest demonstrators.  I will be doing two separate demonstrations on threading as described on the symposium website. I will be demonstrating my shop made threading jig during one of the demonstrations as well as the EZ Threading Jig. The timing is perfect since my article "Shop Made Threading Jig" appears in the April issue of the American Woodturner.

   My preparations for the "Adding Pizazz With a Threading Jig" coincide with the new article I am currently writing for American Woodturner on using threading jigs.

P.S. April 27 post event note: Had a great time. Got some more exotic wood for threading and a new Thompson bowl gouge. Dick Sing's wife makes jewelry and swapped a handmade silver pendant for one of my large acorn threaded boxes. Had a chance to speak with Phil McDonald, AAW Executive Director. Event attendance was down almost 20% from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment