Sunday, April 29, 2012

Southern States Symposium 2012

I just got back from Southern States Symposium. A great time as always. I got to hangout and talk turning with lots of old friends and make more friends. Visiting the Instant Gallery is always inspirational. A special treat for me was to be able to host one of the demonstrators, Lyle Jamieson. This was a unique opportunity to get to know a big name turner and have have him make a shop visit. I also got some great turning and finishing tips from him to improve my work.

Chattahoochee member Wes Jones is shown here demonstrating. Frank Bowers is the camera operator. The symposium is such a great opportunity to actually meet with some of the vendors/tool makers we read about and actually touch or use some of the tools we might be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment